My Pages

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Wall Art

So I saw a post on Pinterest where they took an old painting and did a similar craft as this one.. but since I didn't have an old painting... I gave this DIY wall art my own twist!

This past weekend I helped my dad set up a new kitchen table for my grandma. In the boxes were big pieces of styrofoam.... I took one knowing I could do some craft with it! (I should have taken all of them!)

I decided to make my version of this wall art using the big piece of styrofoam!

First, I painted the styrofoam random colors, letting them blend together and just doing random section sizes and colors. Then I didn't have big enough letter stickers in my scrapbooking supplies, so I decided to make my own! So I used name tags and stencils and make my own letter stickers. Once I traced the stencils and cut them out, I suck them in place on the styrofoam.
 Then I took light grey paint and painted over the entire thing, covering the stickers.

 Once the paint dried, I took of the stickers and now I have some new wall art!



No comments:

Post a Comment