My Pages

Friday, July 13, 2012

Revamping white keds

So recently Keds have been coming back in style. I have more than one pair and I really like them. For a while I've wanted bright blue keds or ked-like shoes, however, I couldn't find any for a decent price. So as with anything else, I decided to just make my own!
Target has great keds for only $13 (although I'm a little salty because they used to be only $9 when I bought my first navy pair!) so I decided to just buy a pair of those.
 I went to Jo-Anns and found the dye I wanted! Any fabric dye works, I usually use Rit dye, however they didn't have a bright blue at my Jo-Anns so I went with this brand!
 I filled a basin with the dye and followed the instructions on the packet. I think it is easier to put it in a flat bin like this instead of a bucket. The shoes fit better and are able to soak better!
 I just placed them upside down and they just floated!

And this is the final product! To get a darker/brighter blue, I am going to re-dye them once more just to make it more even and bright. This is super easy and is cheaper than buying actual Keds! Enjoy :)


No comments:

Post a Comment