My Pages

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Project #1- Jewelry Hanger

Okay so I finally got around to making this blog! I love making crafts, so I figured I would make a craft blog and post different tutorials! I've been home for spring break so I've had some extra time on my hands to make crafts!
The first one I did, my jewelry hanger, I've been wanting to make for quite some time now and I finally got around to it! I got the idea from StumbleUpon and it works really well and is really easy to make!

What you need:
Some crown molding (at least 2 pieces) or other long, skinny wood. The wood I used was about 36'' long.
Nails
Upholstery Tacks
Paint

First, I just took the two pieces of crown molding and nailed them together to create two different layers so that the necklaces don't get tangled together.

The next step is to paint it whatever color you want. I just used acrylic paint in light grey.
Once it has dried, it's time to put in the tacks. I used 100, however, you can make yours as big as you'd like. I just got silver upholstery tacks from Home Depot. They're about 2 dollars for a pack of 25. I put them about an inch apart. Towards the right side, I left a little more space between the tacks to hang bigger bracelets and necklaces. 
 Then you hang on the wall and add the jewelry! 

Simple and a great way to display all of your jewelry! :)

1 comment: