My Pages

Friday, May 25, 2012

Kraftiness in the Kitchen

So this coming school year, I am living in a townhouse with three other fabulous ladies and we're all really excited! We will each have our own room, with 2 bathrooms, a kitchen, and a living room. So in preparation for this fall, I have been thinking of fun things to make that can be useful in our house!

Since we won't have the same unlimited meal plans as before, we will be doing a lot of cooking... which means that we will need cooking utensils. I decided to make some fun cooking tools :)

I took wooden spoons and a wooden spatula and gave them a little twist....
It's SUPER simple too!
I got the spoons and spatula at the dollar store and used paint I already had.. So this whole project only cost me 2 dollars! All I did was wrap tape around the handles where I wanted the paint to go to- that way it would make a nice even line all around the handle. Then I just picked some of my favorite colors of my non-toxic acrylic paint and painted the ends. After they dried, I just took some clear spray paint and sprayed ONLY the ends to make sure the paint stayed on. and that's all! Really easy but very cute :)

Happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment